Sunday, July 19, 2009

The pattern block is over!





I'm currently working on a sweet little outfit for Brandt's baby dedication coming up next Sunday - I was at JoAnn's the other day picking up some transfer paper for an order of onesies I was working on and completely on a whim I decided to grab a pattern for something to make for Brandt to wear for his dedication. And much to my delight, all of JoAnn's clearance fabric was an additional 50% off! I found some really nice, dressy, satiny (so not a word!) navy material that was something like $1.62/yard after the discount! Yaaayyy! (I love, love, love a good bargain!)
I've never been a fan of patterns - I'm more of a "wing it and hope for the best" kind of seamstress, but I decided to just buckle down and figure it out...and it worked!!! I have finished the outfit and now I am having his monogram embroidered on the front - so I will post pics once I have it back. I'm so excited for him to wear it! I hope he doesn't puke on it!

No comments: